Our Mission Statement
To create a brand that celebrates the proud commercial history and heritage of Mitchell as the historical centre of the surrounding rich agricultural hinterland while promoting the exciting opportunities for entrepreneurs, existing business and visitors alike in downtown Mitchell.
West Perth Mitchell is an easy destination to reach from almost any region in Southwestern Ontario. It is located west of Stratford on Highway 8, a Heritage Highway. Highway 23 runs through Mitchell North and South.
Some of the primary activities and programs provided by BIA include:
- Group Print/Digital Advertising - business marketing throughout Perth County;
- The Mitchell BIA website - business marketing in Perth County and beyond;
- Annual events including the 'Community Garage Sale', 'Corndaze' (during the August 'Cornfest' event) and support of other community events in West Perth;
- Participating in discussions related to downtown and community beautification;
- The collective 'voice' for business in Mitchell and throughout West Perth;
- Sign advertising at Tim Hortons;
- Discounted ads on the Digital Sign in Mitchell;
- Discounted ads in the Advocate with BIA promotions;
- Additional business at christmas - customers get 10% off their purchase from you up to $200 in BIA Bucks.
Distance to Theatres:
- STRATFORD (15 min.) - Shakespeare Festival Theatre, Avon Theatre, Tom Patterson Theatre, Studio Theatre
- BLYTH (30 min.) - Blyth Festival Theatre
- GRAND BEND (45 min.) - Huron County Playhouse
- GODERICH (45 min.) - Gairbraid Theatre
- LONDON (45 min.) - Grand Theatre
- DRAYTON (60 min.) - Drayton Festival Theatre
- ST. JACOBS (60 min.) - St. Jacobs Country Theatre, School House Theatre